Torres Electronic Equipment, Inc. (TEE POS) officially opened for business in May of 1999. However, the founders Antonio and Sergio Torres share over 35 years of personal experience in the business. We envision the need for a small business that could service customers on the foundation of trust and incredible customer relationships. We provide excellent customer service and the best systems along with experience and training that you can trust.
TEE POS is one of the largest point of sale and cash register dealers in the Midwest. We have thousands of customers ranging from small businesses to large businesses of all types. We offer excellent service, fast order processing and speedy delivery (Usually 2-3 business days). In addition, free technical support is available in both English and Spanish.
TEE POS guarantees a 100% safe, secure and satisfying client experience. Please check out our customer testimonials that tell the full story.
TEE POS can help you grow your business by implementing the right solution for your business needs and offering a consultative approach to improving the point of sales experience for your customers. Through the use of Point of Sale systems and software, small and large businesses can expand their ability to serve customers in more efficient and secure ways than possible with simple cash registers. In addition, our POS systems can help manage your business and identify problems and solutions that will keep your business running and growing. Please visit our website www.teepos.com to get more information and/or contact us.
The following terms are subject to change without notice. Items will ship to arrive in 3-5 business days unless otherwise noted or the product is out of stock. All orders placed before 3:00 PM CST will typically ship the same day. Orders placed after 3:00 PM CST will be processed the next business day. If there is going to be any shipping delays with your order (i.e., out of stock), we will contact you as soon as possible with the expected ship date. We do our best that all packages use UPS or FedEx for most shipments. We also offer expedited 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air. These are based on business days and according to UPS or FedEx operating schedules.
We accept all major credit cards including: VISA & MASTER CARD. You can also use your banks CHECK CARD provided this card is one of the card types listed. Your credit card will not be charged until product availability is confirmed and your order has shipped. While we guarantee that your transaction online will be 100% safe and secure, you can also request that we contact you for payment information if you prefer. We are always reviewing ways to make ordering more convenient for our customers. You can order securely online anytime. We guarantee your transaction will be 100% secure and safe. You can also place your order by phone: (773) 862-9181 (8am to 6pm Monday-Friday) or (8am to 2pm Saturday).
DOA/DEFECTIVE PRODUCT RETURNS On some rare circumstances customers may receive a DOA (Dead on Arrival) product. Defective products must be reported within 10 business days of receipt. We offer free technical support. The majority of the times, the issue is related to a configuration or other technical issue. Item(s) not being compatible are not considered defective/DOA. In the event that tech support determines the product is defective, we will require a cross shipment guarantee to be completed and faxed back to us. We will then ship a replacement product while you send the damage product back to us. Please pack the item in the same way as you received it, with all required components, manuals, etc. The product will be tested and inspected upon return. If the item is not defective, a diagnosis charge and return fee of up to 10% of the purchase price may apply. Beyond the allowed DOA period, the manufacturer’s warranty takes effect. All warranties are carried out directly through the manufacturer of the product. Feel free to contact us for any manufacturer contact information if needed. If you have any problems getting warranty assistance from the manufacturer, please let us know. We’ll do our best to help you.
PRODUCT RETURNS We make your online transactions quick, accurate, and easy. It is important to verify an item is compatible with your software prior to ordering it – please call us if you have any questions. We will not accept return of products after 15 days. Returns are costly for us to handle, and often returned items cannot be resold as new. ALL returns require a return authorization number (RMA#). To insure the quality of product customers receive, TEE POS, will only accept returns that are 100% complete and in NEW condition. Factory sealed returns are subject to a 5% restocking fee or $10 per item, whichever is greater. Open box returns are subject to a 10% fee or $20 per item, whichever is greater. The item(s) must still be in COMPLETE, NEW and UNUSED condition. No shipping charges will be reimbursed. Failure to return the item(s) in the COMPLETE original packaging will result in refusal. This includes any external boxes used, manuals, disks, accessories, packing materials, and said packaging is not damaged, marked or otherwise not acceptable for resale. All returns are inspected upon return. This process can take a couple of weeks. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the return date for credit to be issued. Software, consumable supplies (paper, ribbons, ink cartridges, etc.), special order items and parts are non-returnable/non-refundable. Special order items are any items not available at our online store. Please make your selections for these items carefully. Most software has a demo version available, which we recommend you review prior to purchasing the software. All items sold carry a full manufacturer’s warranty! Most of the items warranties are at least one year from the date of purchase. All items sold from this site are 100% factory new, in the original packaging with all manuals and included accessories (if any).You can call us M-F 8am – 6pm CST or S 8am – 2pm CST at (773) 862-9181. You can also use the contact form to submit a request to our sales department. Include the manufacturer, model, color, interface, etc. in the comment section. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Holiday Season Shipping: As you know, the holidays can overwhelm for major shipping companies. Our carriers (UPS and FedEx) do not guarantee any ground shipments to arrive on schedule. This means our standard 3-5 day free shipping may arrive a couple of days late, even though we ship it out same day. We will do our best to get all shipments processed quickly to help offset this as much as possible. For expedite shipments, we recommend overnight or 2nd day air service.
We make a best effort to keep the information on our site accurate. Prices are subject to change without notice. In the event a price is found to be incorrect, or a product is not accurately depicted (features, etc.) we will contact the customer to inform them of this. All information is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed. Trademarks belong to its respective companies. TEE POS offers products from different supplier. We are an independent reseller of these products, working with their distribution channels to offer these products to you. All trademarks belong to their respective holders. The absence of a product or service name or logo belonging to respective companies anywhere in the text of this website does not constitute a waiver of their trademark or other intellectual property rights concerning that name or logo. All other products, logos, and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. TEE POS, disclaims any and all rights in these marks. TEE POS makes a best effort to represent the products offered on this site with accuracy and clarity as to the manufacturer of the product, logos, and information pertaining to the products. TEE POS will gladly honor reasonable requests by these companies to depict information differently, or update information in connection with their company. This includes, but is not limited to, updating logos, slogans, descriptions, etc. of the products and information contained on this site. The use of a logo, company name, trademark, description, or any other reference to products listed on our site does not indicate affiliation with, endorsement by, or representation by, the respective companies on our website.
DISCLAIMER / LEGAL STATEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS INTERNET WEBSITE. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using this site you agree to the following terms and conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SALE AND SERVICES
Torres Electronic Equipment, Inc. (“Seller”), makes sales of its products and services (“System”) to buyer (“Buyer”) subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. PRICE. Hardware, software, and services, are sometimes collectively referred to as the “System” herein. Buyer agrees to pay the purchase price for the System on the Date of Physical Delivery unless otherwise stated herein. Buyer’s deposit(s) shall apply against the purchase price of the System. The prices shown are FOB (Freight On Board). All transportation, insurance, license fees, and other such charge shall be paid by Buyer. There shall be added to the prices shown and Buyer agrees to pay the amount of any taxes resulting from this Agreement or any activities hereunder, exclusive, however, of taxes based upon net income of Seller. If no taxes are shown on this Agreement, Buyer remains responsible for any payment of pertinent state sales and/or use taxes. Any personal property taxes assessable on the System after delivery to the carrier shall be borne by the Buyer.
2. BUYER RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCEPTANCE. Buyer shall be responsible for timely site preparation including, but not limited to, the provision for adequate electrical power and sufficient number and type of electrical outlets, sufficient workspace and available parking for Seller’s personnel to perform installation services, if specified, and provide a suitable installation environment for the System. Buyer shall be responsible for hardware cabling except as specifically set forth herein to be provided by Seller. The System shall be deemed accepted by Buyer when the System has been physically delivered if Seller’s installation services have not been specified. If Seller’s installation services have been specified, the System shall be deemed accepted by Buyer when the System has been installed and made ready for use at the Buyer’s site in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation and operational specifications; and the Seller has tested to insure that all included hardware and software substantially meet the manufacturer’s specifications or those contained in this Agreement.
3. REMEDIES UPON DEFAULT. Failure of Buyer to perform its obligations hereunder including, without limitation, payment, in full of the purchase price for the System, or the insolvency, filing of any voluntary or involuntary petition of bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors or dissolution, liquidation, or winding up of the business of Buyer shall constitute a default under this Agreement, and shall afford Seller all the remedies of a secured party under the Uniform Commercial Code of the State of Illinois. Seller may, in addition to any other remedies, which Seller may have, refuse to provide service or support to the System under any support plan agreement relating to the System in effect between Seller and Buyer at the time of Buyer’s default. Failure of Seller to exercise any rights under this Agreement, shall not constitute a waiver of such right. Default by Buyer in the performance of any of its obligations hereunder shall, at Seller’s option, render the total purchase price and all other obligations at once due and payable.
4. INABILITY TO PERFORM. Seller shall not be required to perform Seller’s obligations under this Agreement, or be liable for Seller’s failure to perform or for delay in performance of Seller’s obligations hereunder if such performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any cause beyond the reasonable control of Seller, including without limitation, any labor dispute, act of God, regulation or order of any government authority, or failure of a supplier to timely deliver any system.
5. NON-SOLICITATION/NON-HIRER. Buyer agrees not to solicit, hire or otherwise engage in any manner whatsoever, directly or indirectly, any of the Seller’s employees from the date of this Agreement and for a period of two years thereafter. If the Buyer violates this provision, the Buyer shall pay the seller the sum of one year’s current salary of each employee hired or engaged as liquidated damages and not as a penalty.
6. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois applicable to contracts entered into and wholly to be performed within the State of Illinois.
7. VALIDITY OF AGREEMENT. If any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby
8. SYSTEM STANDARDS: The purchased items shall comply with any written or printed representations put forth by Seller and shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials. For new systems for a period (1) year and for refurbished systems for a period of (6) months unless otherwise represented by Seller, in writing or by separate manufacturer’s warranty.
9. DELIVERY: Seller shall deliver the described items in a prompt and timely manner subject to the terms hereof. Notwithstanding the assignment clause below, Seller, reserves the right to assign its obligations under this agreement to a contractor of its choice. In the event of such assignment, Seller shall remain obligated under the terms of this agreement.
10. CANCELLATION: Cancellation by Buyer will result in forfeiture of any deposit. It’s not the Seller’s policy to issue refunds.
11. CREDITS: For any approved credits, the Seller shall allow 12 months to use towards the Seller’s other systems.
12. RISK OF LOSS: Risk of loss or damage to the System shall pass to Buyer upon delivery of the System to the carrier, or upon receipt of the goods at Buyer’s location if not delivered by an independent carrier (regardless of whether the purchase price has been paid in full). Unless otherwise advised by Buyer, Seller may insure to full value the System shipped or declare full value thereof to the carrier at the time of delivery to the carrier and all such insurance costs shall be for Buyer’s account. Confiscation or destruction of, or damage to, the System shall not in any way affect the liability of Buyer to pay the purchase price in full. Buyer shall inspect the System immediately upon delivery, and shall notify Seller immediately in writing of all defects in the System, including but not limited to defective materials, defective workmanship or that the System is not in good working order. Buyer shall immediately file claims with the carrier when there is evidence of shipping damage. Buyer’s failure to so notify Seller or file claims with the carrier shall be conclusive evidence that no such defects or damages existed upon delivery.
13. INSPECTION: As soon as delivery takes place, then Buyer shall have time to inspect the items to determine their conformity to the terms of this agreement.
14. RETURNED CHECKS: Seller shall charge a $65.00 fee for all returned checks from Buyer. Buyer chargeback’s will not be accepted.
15. DEFAULT: The occurrence of any of the following shall constitute material default by the Buyer:
a. Failure to make any payment when due;
b. Insolvency of bankruptcy of any party;
c. The subjection of either party to any levy, seizure, general assignment for the benefit of creditors, application or sale for or by any government agency;
d. The failure to make available or deliver the described items. Any default by Buyer of the above items shall render any balance owed to be due immediately owing and collectible.
16. OWNERSHIP: Seller shall retain a security interest in all systems delivered pursuant to this agreement until such time as full payment is made by the Buyer in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Buyer shall not sell or encumber the items without the express written authority of Seller until such time a full payment has been made by Buyer.
17. SUBSTITUTION: Seller at its option and based on availability, may substitute specified systems with those of equal or better quality without consent of Buyer.
18. FORCE MAJEURE: The timeliness of performance by Seller under this agreement is in every case subject to and excused in the event of any delay or delays (a) resulting from war, riot, sabotage; civil commotion or disturbances; fire, explosion, accident of flood; inability to obtain materials; governmental or quasi-governmental law, regulation of order actions or inactions of the purchaser’s; inability of any subcontractor of Seller to perform; or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Seller or (b) labor, picketing, trouble, strikes, lock-out or injunction, whether or not within the reasonable control of Seller In the event of any like delay, the period of time for performance affected by the delay will be extended by the amount of the delay. The delay will not in any way affect the validity of this agreement or the obligations of purchaser hereunder, nor will Seller be liable for any damages, consequential, special or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the delay.
19. ARBITRATION: Any dispute arising out of the business relation between Seller and Buyer, including matters of warranty, shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitrations Rules of the American Arbitrations Association through mutually acceptable arbitrator knowledge in issue relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. In the event the parties are unable to agree to a single arbitrator, each party shall select an arbitrator and the two shall select a third arbitrator, all three of whom shall jointly preside over the matter in dispute. Arbitrator shall take place in the City of Chicago, County of Cook, and State of Illinois.
20. CONFIDENTIALITY: All parties to this Agreement acknowledge that all the various and sundry terms of this agreement and information regarding the business operation of either party in confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party unless expressly authorized in writing. Each party shall take all reasonable precautions against disclosure to unauthorized third parties upon the request of any party. All documents concerning confidential information shall be returned to the owner.
21. ASSIGNMENT: This Agreement is not assignable by Buyer without written permission from Seller and any attempt by Buyer to assign any rights, duties or obligations, which arise under this Agreement without such permission, shall be void. The System shall not be sold, leased, pledged or otherwise transferred or encumbered by Buyer until all Buyers’ obligations hereunder have been satisfied.
22. WAIVER: The failure of any party to enforce any provision hereof shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel compliance with every term of this Agreement.
23. SECURITY AND VIRUSES. Buyer acknowledges that the security and protection of the System and data, including protections against unauthorized access, is solely and entirely Buyer’s responsibility. If the Buyer’s System has persistent connections to the Internet, or processes credit or gift card transactions over the Internet, or otherwise has persistent connections to any network where there is potential to unauthorized access, Buyer is solely responsible for security. Buyer must secure and maintain virus and spyware protection software, which may include, but is not limited to firewalls, passwords, physical security, access control policies, and the like. Buyer acknowledges that, to be effective, virus protection and other security software require periodic updates, which Buyer must obtain from Buyer’s supplier or the manufacturer. Seller disclaims any warranty, express or implied, that, after the initial installation by Seller of the System, the Buyer’s System or data will remain virus-free. Support or services necessitated by computer viruses, or by any failure or breach of Buyer’s security to Buyer’s System or data, including, without limitation, damage caused by hackers or persons lacking authorized access, are not covered under this Agreement, and will be supplied only upon Buyer’s request and on a reasonable efforts basis, on a time-and-materials basis (unless otherwise agreed at the time). Buyer waives any claims hereunder against Seller, to the extent arising from Buyer’s failure to have or maintain current virus or malware protection, or to the extent arising as a result of a failure or breach of Buyer’s security for its systems or data, or as a direct result of unauthorized access to Buyer’s System by persons other than Seller’s personnel. Buyer acknowledges that credit card providers, banks, and credit card processing companies implement and require specific policies in conjunction with their cards and services. Buyer shall be solely responsible for compliance with all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures required by the credit card companies, banks, and/or processors Buyer elects to accept or utilize.
24. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SELLER WARRANTS THAT THE SYSTEM WILL BE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER ON THE DATE OF PHYSICAL DELIVERY (OR DATE OF INSTALLATION, IF SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY SELLER, AS DEFINED IN SECTION 2) AND FOR NINETY (90) DAYS THEREAFTER, AND THAT THE SYSTEM WILL CONFORM ON THE DATE OF THE DELIVERY (OR DATE OF INSTALLATION IF SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY SELLER) TO MANUFACTURER’S PUBLISHED SPECIFICATIONS, IF ANY, ON THAT DATE. SELLER’S OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER SHALL BE LIMITED SOLELY TO SELLER MAKING, AT SELLER’S COST AND EXPENSE, SUCH REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS AS ARE NECESSARY TO PUT THE SYSTEM IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AND TO CONFORM THE SYSTEM TO MANUFACTURER’S PUBLISHED SPECIFICATIONS, IF ANY, EACH AS OF THE DATE OF PHYSICAL DELIVERY OR INSTALLATION, IF SPECIFIED. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONAL PROTECTION IS AVAILABLE ONLY PURSUANT TO SELLER’S FORM OF SUPPORT PLAN AGREEMENT FOR HARDWARE REPAIR AND/OR SOFTWARE SUPPORT OF THE SYSTEM PURCHASED FROM SELLER. IN ADDITION TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN, BUYER MAY BE ENTITLED TO THE BENEFIT FROM CERTAIN LIMITED WARRANTIES PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY THE MANUFACTURERS OF THESE SYSTEMS. SELLER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR, NOR RESPONSIBILITY UNDER, ANY THIRD PARTY WARRANTIES UNLESS SUCH LIABILITY OR RESPOSIBILITY SHALL BE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
25. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BUYER AGREES THAT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SELECTED BY BUYER AND IS OF A DESIGN, SIZE, FITNESS AND CAPACITY SELECTED BY BUYER AND THAT BUYER IS SATISFIED THAT THE SAME IS SUITABLE AND FIT FOR BUYER’S PURPOSE. BUYER HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM BUYER MAY HAVE AGAINST SELLER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR EXPENSE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY THE SYSTEM OR BY ANY DEFECT THEREIN, THE USE OR MAINTENANCE THEREOF, OR ANY SERVICING OR ADJUSTMENT THERETO, NOT EXPRESSLY COVERED BY THE WARRANTY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. BUYER FURTHER AGREES THAT SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT INCLUDING NEGLIENCE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM LOSS OF USE OF THE SYSTEM, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, THEFT OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, OR FOR ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST THE BUYER BY ANY OTHER PARTY. SELLER’S LIABLITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING SELLER’S LIABLITY FOR FAILURE AFTER REPEATED EFFORTS TO INSTALL THE SYSTEM IN GOOD WORKING ORDER OR TO REPAIR OR REPLACE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WARRANTY IN SECTION 5, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SYSTEM. ALL SOFTWARE IS SOLD OR LICENSED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BUYER SHALL MAKE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS REGARDING SOFTWARE AGAINST THE DEVELOPER OR LICENSOR IN WRITING.
26. INDEMNIFICATION. Seller hereby indemnifies and holds the Buyer harmless from any and all claims, demands and expenses including attorney’s fees arising involving infringement of any patent, trademark, or copyright related to the purchase or use of the described items except that this indemnification expressly does not apply to any unauthorized use by a third party unrelated to Seller. Seller is further expressly indemnified and held harmless for any and all consequential damages including but not limited to interruption of business, loss of profits or sales, loss of data, use of systems or for incidental or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility of damage, and any third party liability. No warranties whether express or implied shall cover any products, parts or labor due to installation or relocation of the systems not performed by Seller, unless otherwise expressly provided in writing.
27. NOTICES: Any notice required or desirable under this agreement shall be sufficiently given if delivered in person or by certified mail return receipt requested to the addresses listed on the reverse side hereof or as party may direct to another in writing. Notice shall be deemed received on the date delivered or signed or on the third day after mailing if not signed.
28. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between the parties and supersedes all proposals, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of the Agreement.
Buyer represents that Buyer is not relying on any oral or written representations or warranties not contained in this written Agreement. In the event that Buyer uses Buyer’s purchase order form in connection with the ordering of the System, such order will be governed by the terms of this Agreement and any provision of such order form, which in any manner differs from or is in addition to the provision of this Agreement shall be of no force or effect. Seller’s acceptance of such order is expressly made conditional on Buyer’s assent to the terms of this Agreement. Any acknowledgement by Buyer of this Agreement shall be limited to the terms of this Agreement, and any provision in such acknowledgement, which in any manner differs from or is in addition to the provisions of this Agreement shall be of no force or effect.
This Agreement may only be amended in writing, executed by an officer of Seller and an officer of Buyer.
The paragraph captions of these additional terms and conditions are for reference only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement and shall not be used to construe it.
All notices required pursuant to this Agreement or the Uniform Commercial Code of Illinois shall be in writing and shall be deemed to be duly given only if personally delivered or mailed by certified mail, to the parties hereto at their addresses as shown herein or at such other address as shall be designated in writing. Notices shall be effective upon delivery or mailing
Torres Electronic Equipment, Inc. Hours of Operation: 8am – 6pm Mon – Fri CST and 8 am – 2pm Sat CST
Mailing Address: 3643 West Fullerton Avenue. Chicago, IL 60647-2344
Phone Numbers: 773-862-9181 Fax: 773-862-8610